The job position is within the Tax & Customs department, part of the Global Finance / Tax & Customs organization. The person reports to the Regional EMEA Customs & Trade Compliance Director
The geographical scope includes 4 clusters (GULF & Pakistan, Saudi &Yemen, NEAL-Near East Africa and Levant and Anglophone Africa)
The job location is Dubai. Some business trips may take place in the EMEA region.
As the Customs and Trade Compliance expert for the defined geographical zone, the objectives are to:
- deploy the Schneider Customs and Trade Compliance global strategy in the MEA region in an effective manner by developing a close and sane relationships with the different Stakeholders of the region
- represent the interests of the Tax and Customs department internally as well as defending interests of the Group externally.
Main missions in details
Monitor the Customs & Trade Compliance legal watch of the zone
- Monitor the evolution of the regulations and practises impacting the operations in the region (Valuation, Classification, Origin, International trade compliance, Customs audits, etc.)
- Analyse them and translate them in internal Rules and Guidelines/Procedures
- Communicate adequately to the different stakeholders (Region Top management, T&C, GSC, Businesses) through our SharePoint website or through specific flash information or Yammer posts.2.
Ensure the Customs & Trade Compliance
- Validate from the Customs and Trade Compliance point of views: processes and flows implemented, project scheme in tender as well as execution phases.
- Raise awareness on Customs and Trade Compliance among country management (Global Supply Chain, Finance, Sales, Purchasing)
- Train the different stakeholders in an effective manner, consistent with their business reality
- Audit Customs operations of the Group entities in the region and suggest mitigation actions in case of risks and follow their implementation
- Lead due diligence audits in case of acquisitions
Contribute to the Customs Performance
- In collaboration with his/her GSC Customs Counterpart, identify GSC initiatives that can be led to improve the processes and/or reduce the customs financial burden.
- Advise on design and implementation of processes, customs economic regimes, duty reduction opportunities
Support the entities in case of Customs request and audits triggered by National Customs Authorities
Be the main adviser in case of Customs Audits led by the National Administration
Deploy the global Schneider customs strategy
- Adapt the Group rules for national compliance
- Contribute to the EMEA Customs strategy and bringing internal tools and methodology, supporting process design and spreading tailored training for each type of audience.
- Outside SE group contact: National Customs Authorities, Legal regulation Institutions, Customs brokers, Advisors, Lawyers, Chambers of commerce, etc
- Inside SE group contact: Countries local customs correspondents, other members of the Tax & customs team, Financial managers, Global supply chain actors or managers (logistic project leaders, purchaser team, sales order management operators or managers, contract manager/leader, transportation leader/coordinator, etc …)
Background and competencies
- Higher education with significative experience in Customs, international trade and trade compliance
- Fluent in English, Arabic in a plus.
- Good ability to:
- explain in a simple manner customs concepts that are quite technical
- understand, synthesize and analyze complex flows and propose pragmatic solutions that can be deployed on the ground,
- manage simultaneously different tasks and to prioritize
- Capacity to engage, influence and manage relationships with key partners, act as a leader.
- Straightforward, Challenging and Effective
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.