How you will help
As the Data Governance Lead, you will have the dual role of lead/hands-on contributor in HealthVerity’s Data Governance and Data Catalog implementation. Your experience in building out an Enterprise Data Catalog will be used in designing process, communications and engagement programs across the entire company. Your experience in building out internal collaboration will be used to create a network of data stewards and owners to represent the data assets within the organization.
What you will do
• Continuously research emerging trends and industry best practices in data governance to be able to improve the consistent use of reliable data
• Gather requirements, design deliverables and test strategies during the Data Catalog implementation
• Build out a collaborative network of data specialists and data stewards across the organization
• Drive adoption of Data Catalog as premier source for all data information within HealthVerity
• Represent Data Governance to all levels of the organization from senior leadership to hands-on contributors
• An expert in at least one Data Catalog Platform (Alation, Atlan, Colibra, Informatica, etc.)
• Passionate about data organization and data governance
• A mentor to new data stewards across the organization
• A driver in change that will lead to measurable gains in data quality and data understanding
• A data geek with enviable SQL skills and a passionate sense of ownership
• A self-starter who enjoys working in a small, rapidly changing, fast paced environment
• Confident enough to course correct a process or team when required
• Methodical, executing through several approaches to determine the best fit
• Energized by learning even if outside the scope of day-to-day responsibilities
• Comfortable working on several different tasks throughout your workday
Desired skills and experience
• 5+ years’ experience in the rollout, administration and operation of at least one Data Catalog Platform
• 10+ years’ experience in a data industry, preferably healthcare, in either a consulting or analytic based environment
• Proficient in analyzing large data assets with a working knowledge of SQL, Python or Spark – sufficient to lead governance processes and documentation
• Bonus: Familiarity with healthcare data, data types and data patterns (Medical Claims, Pharmacy, Health Records, etc.)
• Bonus: BS degree in math, statistics, or similar
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $90,000 – 140,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
At HealthVerity we are actively solving some of the greatest challenges in healthcare through innovative technology and data solutions. Our customers and partners including pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers and government organizations look to HealthVerity to partner on their most complicated use cases, leveraging our transformative technologies and real-world data infrastructure. The HealthVerity IPGE platform, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange, enables the discovery of RWD across the broadest healthcare data ecosystem, the building of more complete and accurate patient journeys and the ability to power best-in-class analytics and applications with flexibility and ease. To learn more about the HealthVerity IPGE platform, visit www.healthverity.com.
Why you’ll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is currently able to employ individuals residing in the following states: AZ, CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI.
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications – specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.